Follow these instructions to search Collection Manager for:
- Knowledge base collections (collections available in the global WorldCat knowledge base and/or knowledge base collections you have already selected or created)
- Query collections you have already created
- Cataloging partner collections you have already created
See Search for data sync collections for instructions to search for data sync collections that you have created.
Search for collections in Collection Manager
Search for a collection
- Navigate to the WorldShare interface > Metadata tab > Collection Manager.
- Select a Scope from the drop-down list.
- Decide if you will limit your search:
- Leave My Selected Collections selected to search across your library-specific collections that you have created or selected
- Deselect My Selected Collections to search across items that are available in the global collections available in the WorldCat knowledge base. For example, deselect My Selected Collections to search for collections to add to your knowledge base
- In the Search Term(s) field, enter your terms or leave the field empty.
- Click Search.
Tips for using the search field
- Leave the search box empty to return all collections
- If you plan to filter your search results, first perform a search by leaving the search box empty. Note that if:
- My Selected Collections is selected, an empty search will return your library-specific collections
- My Selected Collections is not selected, an empty search will return collections in the WorldCat knowledge base
- Use a truncation operator
- To search with a truncation operator, use an asterisk (*). For example:
- nature* returns all items starting with "nature"
- LHR* returns all items containing "LHR" in the Collection Name or Collection Type fields
- Search by OCLC number, ISBN, or ISSN
- To search by OCLC number, ISBN, or ISSN, choose Title from the drop-down list, enter the number, and click Search.
- Search by Provider if searching by Collection is unsuccessful
- A knowledge base collection might be available but by a slightly different collection name than you expect. If searching by Collection does not return what you expect, try searching by Provider.
Perform a search and then filter your search results or return all collections and then filter your results. To return all collections and then filter your search results:
- Leave the Search Term(s) field empty.
- The My Selected Collections limiter is selected by default. Change the selection based on whether or not you want to search across all of your library-specific collections or across your library-specific collections and all items that are available in the global collections available in the WorldCat knowledge base.
- Click Search.
- After search results are returned, expand Filter by at the top of the search results.
- Select from the drop-down list an option to filter your search results:
- Cataloging Partner Collections
- I created
- Shared by my library
- Shared to my library
- Contains Open Access Content
- Databases (Contains No Titles)
- Demand Driven Acquisitions Collections
- Document Delivery Collections
- Google Scholar
- Knowledge Base Collections
- Maintain WorldCat Holdings
- MARC Record Delivery
- OCLC Cataloged Collections
- Query Collections
Items in your search results will be marked with a collection type and other details.
- Selected collection types and attributes - Table
Collection type Column Description Cataloging partner collections, Knowledge base collections, and Query collections Collection Click a collection name to view or edit the collection.
The Collection ID can be used in lieu of a collection name when discontinuing a feed.
Type / Attributes
The type of collection.
- Cataloging partner collection - Available attributes
Attribute Description MARC Delivery Enabled The collection has the setting to Enable MARC Record Delivery enabled. MARC Delivery Disabled The collection has the setting to Enable MARC Record Delivery disabled.
- Knowledge base collection - Available attributes
Attribute Description Customizable The collection's titles can be edited. Demand Driven Acquisitions The collection is part of a Demand Driven Acquisitions program where OCLC is working with a feed from the provider to automatically update the collection metadata. Discontinued The collection is no longer being actively maintained or updated by knowledge base data updates. Document Delivery The collection is available for user with your library’s document delivery program. Google Scholar Disabled The titles in the collection are not submitted to Google to create links in Google Scholar. See Google Scholar for more information. Google Scholar Enabled The titles in the collection are submitted to Google to create links in Google Scholar. See Google Scholar for more information. License(s) Available The collection has licenses available. Click License(s) Available to see the status of the license (current, expired, etc.). For more information, see Edit, renew, or terminate a license. Locally Created The collection is a custom collection created by your institution. Non-Customizable The collection cannot be edited. OCLC Cataloged The collection is cataloged by OCLC staff and made available through Collection Manager by the provider. Open Access The collection is an open-access collection.
- Query collection - Available attributes
Attribute Description One-time delivery You will receive a file of records for the WorldCat query collection once. Ongoing delivery You will receive records on an ongoing basis. Provider The vendor or content provider who supplies the collection. Click a provider name to view all collections supplied by the provider. Updated The date and time the collection was last updated. Selections
Indicates whether the collection has been added to your holdings and, if it has, how many titles from the collection are in your holdings.
To remove a cataloging partner collection and/or knowledge base collection from your holdings, click Deselect.
To remove a query collection from your holdings, click Delete.
Sharing Indicates whether you have shared the collection with another institution.
To view libraries you shared the collection with, click the collection's name. Once you are in the collection, click the Sharing accordion.
Click Add to... to:
- Add the collection to an order or license (click Add to... > License)
- Create a new order (click Add to... > Order)
- Add the collection to a purchase request without leaving Collection Manager (click Add to... > Purchase Request)
Search for cataloging partner collections
Use a filter and perform a bulk collection action
Search for cataloging partner collections that you have already created:
- Navigate to the search box in Collection Manager. Leave My Selected Collections selected.
- Click Search. The search will return all of the collections your library has selected or created.
- Select Cataloging Partner Collections from the Filter by drop-down list.
Once you have used the search and filter to find your cataloging partner collections, you can select multiple collections and perform a collection action. To enable record delivery in multiple cataloging partner collections at one time, continue with the following steps:
- Click the box next to each collection you need to enable for MARC Record delivery or click the box at the top of the results list to select all of the collections.
- At the top of the screen, expand Collection Actions and select Cataloging Partner Collections.
- Select Enable MARC Record Delivery.
Search for OCLC cataloged collections
To find additional information about this collection type, see OCLC cataloged collections.
Filter for OCLC cataloged collections
- In the WorldShare interface, navigate to Metadata > Collection Manager.
- Leave the search box empty and deselect My Selected Collections. Click Search.
- To filter the search results, choose OCLC Cataloged Collections from the drop-down list.