Discover how to evaluate your library's records and files for potential problems before you send your files.
Currently when the system identifies duplicate records or multiple matches in your submitted data sync file, the file will be rerun in an attempt to resolve the issue. Multiple reports and files may be generated for each retry.
- OCLC control numbers and data sync records
- Find out how OCLC control numbers are used for matching in data sync processing.
- File naming conventions
- Find out how to name files to upload for data sync processing in WorldShare Collection Manager.
- Local system number
- Find out how your local system number is used for data sync processing in WorldShare Collection Manager.
- 035 field and OCLC control numbers
- Find out how data sync processing uses preprocessing routines to map existing OCLC control numbers to field 035 $a, prefixed with (OCoLC).
- Other common errors
- Find common errors in data sync processing, how they can be prevented, and whether they can be addressed by preprocessing routines in bibliographic data sync collections.
- Record status
- Find out how the record status value in a record impacts data sync processing in WorldShare Collection Manager.