Use collection-level Data Sources settings to discontinue a feed in one or more collections
Follow these steps:
I. Make sure the default setting is selected in the institution settings:
- Navigate to Institution Settings > Knowledge Base Data > Data Sources.
- Make sure the default institution setting, All approved data sources, is selected.
II. Configure collection-level settings:
- Use the search box within Collection Manager to search for and navigate to the collection.
- Open the collection and expand Holdings and MARC records.
- For Data Sources, the default collection-level setting is All approved data sources. Change the setting depending on your desired action:
- If multiple data sources are populating a collection and you want to disable one or more while preserving others, choose Selected data sources only. A list of data sources will appear. Uncheck the options you do not want to populate the collection.
- If you want to prevent any data source from populating a collection, choose Manual upload only.
Caution: Do not deselect the collections. A collection must be in place for this setting to work, even if it has 0 titles. Thus, before removing the collection in its entirety by deselecting it, you must use the Data Sources setting to ensure the feed and the metadata moving through OCLC's system does not populate the collection. You can deselect the collection at a later time.
III. Notify OCLC Support:
- If you are discontinuing a feed, contact OCLC Support to let us know you do not what the automated feed. For example:
Please stop the automated holdings feed for my knowledge base collection in Collection Manager.
- Collection Name and/or Collection ID:
- My institution's registry ID or WorldShare URL:
Deselect a title or collection for more information.Note: Titles are not deselected when a feed is discontinued. Once the feed is discontinued, the library can deselect a subset of titles or the collection in full. Refer to