You may be seeing an error after exporting that says:
"An error occurred with the file C:\Program Files (x86)\OCLC\Connexion\Program\[FILE NAME].dat.
The file could not be accessed."
- Connexion client
The OCLC folder under Program Files or Program Files (x86) is in a Windows-protected area and not writable by standard user accounts. Unless specifically modified by an administrator, read-write access to this area is only available to administrator accounts. Even if modified for write access, Windows security updates may set or reset this area back to read-only status.
If the OCLC folder needs write access for macros or to store an export file, see the article Why should I install the auto-fix.
If local security policies prevent the auto-fix from installing, then give the OCLC folder read-write access manually:
- Navigate to the c:\Program Files (x86) folder.
- Right-click the OCLC folder.
- Select Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select the user account from the Group or user names list and click Edit.
- Under Permissions for <user account>, select Full control under the Allow column and click OK.
- Click OK again to complete.