Release Date: November 21, 2020
This release of WorldShare Record Manager provides one enhancement in addition to numerous bug fixes. This release includes:
- Usability and accessibility improvements made to buttons and functions throughout Record Manager to create a consistent user experience.
- Bug fixes:
- WorldCat holding was not deleted when moving Local Holdings Records from LHR search results or the LHR editor.
- Fields strings could not be inserted in Local Bibliographic Data records.
- Users were unable to search for multiple item barcodes that contained special characters in a single search.
- The call number browse display was missing bibliographic information if the call number included special characters such as a forward slash, hyphen, ampersand or underscore.
- Users could not edit data in the autosuggest input box when using certain browsers.
- An extra subfield symbol was added when copying and pasting data from a bibliographic record into an LBD record.
- Arabic punctuation appeared in the incorrect place in bibliographic data fields.
Many of these enhancements are the direct result of your feedback.
New features and enhancements
User interface improvements
Improvements for usability and accessibility were made to various buttons and functions throughout Record Manager to create a consistent user experience.
- Links for "Back to List" or "<Back" now consistently use "Go Back"
- Text updated to "New Record" and "Delete Selected Record(s)" buttons, new Data Type drop-down option and filter by name changed to "Constant Data Record Name" for Constant Data in the Toolbox
- Sort options renamed on the bibliographic results list from "Author (A-Z)" and "Title (A-Z)" to terms "Author (Ascending)", "Author (Descending)", "Title (Ascending)" and "Title (Descending)"
- Removed redundant hint text on the Record Work Lists and Constant Data in the Toolbox
- Filter buttons updated from "Filter" to "Apply Filter(s)"
WorldCat holding was not deleted when moving LHRs from LHR search results or the LHR editor
If you moved the last LHR that was associated with a bibliographic record to another bibliographic record using the LHR editor or the LHR search results and checked the option to automatically delete the associate WorldCat holding, the WorldCat holding might have been retained. Now when you move LHRs and check the option, the holding will be deleted.
Cannot insert field strings in LBD records
The insert field string option was disabled when attempting to insert a field string in an LBD field. This has been resolved and you can insert fields strings in LBD records.
Unable to search for multiple item barcodes that contain special characters in a single search
When you attempt to search for more than one item barcode that contains special characters such as hyphens, dollar signs, or percent signs when using Local Holdings Records > My LHRs > Barcode, your LHRs were not returned in the search results list. Now you will see the LHRs that contain barcodes with special characters when using the barcode search.
Call number browse display missing bibliographic information if the call number included special characters such as a forward slash, hyphen, ampersand, or underscore
The title information in the Bibliographic Information column was missing from the call number browse display results if the call number for the item included special characters such as a forward slash /, hyphen -, ampersand & or underscore _. This has been updated to display the title if the call number includes these special characters.
Unable to edit data in the autosuggest input box when using certain browsers
There were reports of editing issues when the "Automatically Suggest Authority Headings" feature within User Preferences > Working with Records was enabled where you could not enter or delete data in bibliographic data field 100 if they were using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. These issues have been resolved and data can be added or deleted in the autosuggest input box.
Extra subfield symbol ($) added when copying and pasting data from the bibliographic record into an LBD record
When you copy and paste data from a bibliographic record field into an LBD field that included the subfield symbol ($) an extra $ sometimes appeared on the paste action. The extra $ will no longer appear when copying and pasting into the LBD record.
Arabic punctuation appearing in the incorrect place in bibliographic data fields
Punctuation for right to left scripts was appearing in the wrong place in bibliographic data fields for Arabic records. The punctation will appear in the correct place.
WorldCat Validation release notes
WorldCat Validation release notes provide current OCLC-MARC updates; changes to tagging conventions and coding practices for Bibliographic, Authority, and Holdings records; and new MARC codes.
Virtual AskQC office hours
Join OCLC Metadata Quality staff to discuss WorldCat quality issues and cataloging questions. Visit AskQC for information about upcoming office hours, previous office hour recordings, and supporting materials.