Discover how to create a Custom Label template in My Labels.
Create the Custom Label template
- In the left navigation, click My Labels > Label Templates.
- From the New Template screen, click New Template.
- For Label Template Name, enter a name for your new label type.
- Select Custom Label (single label size) from the Label Format drop-down list.
- For Units, select a unit of measurement.
- Inches (default)
Note: Negative numbers cannot be used to adjust any settings in the label template.
Complete the Page Settings accordion
- Click Page Settings to open the Page Settings accordion.
- Select a paper size from the Type drop-down list.
- A4 (default)
- Enter a value for the Top Margin and Left Margin for the page of labels you will be printing. You can enter a value in the input box or use the up and down arrows to increase or decrease by set values based on the unit of measurement selected.
- For Orientation, select a page orientation.
Note: This setting does not apply if you selected Other as your page size.
- Portrait (default)
- Select how many Columns (1-16) you want in your template from the drop-down list.
- Enter a value for Column Spacing to set the space between the columns in your template.
- Select how many Rows (1-16) you want in your template from the drop-down list.
- Enter a value for Row Spacing to set the space between the rows in your template.
Complete the Label Settings accordion
- Click Label Settings to open the Label Settings accordion.
- Enter a value for the following settings:
- Left Margin
- Top Margin
- Right Margin
- Bottom Margin
You can enter a value in the input box or use the up and down arrows to increase and decrease by set values based on the unit of measurement selected.
Complete the Label Content Settings accordion
- Click Label Content Settings to open the Label Content Settings accordion.
- (Optional) You can set the spacing between lines of text in your labels using the Line Spacing drop-down list. Line spacing uses the point unit of measure and provides the following option range: 0 pt (default) – 18 pt. The Label Setup table reflects your selected spacing after you make a selection from the drop-down list, allowing you to immediately see if any rows move into the non-printable section of the label.
- For Copy Number Prefix, enter a prefix (e.g., c., copy, copy number, etc.) for the copy number. You must select Copy Number from the Content drop-down list in the Label Setup table if you wish the copy number to appear on the label.
- For Automatic Stamps, enter your preferred text (up to eight characters) in the Stamp 1 and/or Stamp 2 form field to place the same line(s) of text on every label.
- For Label Setup, format each line of text that appears on the label. See Available label setup format options for available options. You can click the Add button () to add an additional formatting rule or click the Remove button () to remove a formatting rule.
Note: Any data that appears in the Non-Printable area will not appear in the printed label.
- Click Preview Label Alignment to preview how labels will appear.
- Click Reset Form to clear out all fields and restore default settings in the form.
- Click Save.
Click Go Back > Save.
- From the the Display column, select the checkbox for the newly created label template to display it as a menu option on the Label Print List.
Available label setup format options
See Available label content types for more information.