- Administrador de colecciones de WorldShare
When considering to change a subscription with a vendor to either a newer subscription or a different one, do the following before subscribing :
- Search Collection Manager for the collection you are considering subscribing or changing to. See: Search for collections in Collection Manager.
- Alternatively, ensure the collection and provider are in the global WorldCat knowledge base & make sure the one your are considering, is listed.
- Ask the vendor if they currently send a KBART file to OCLC for this specific collection.
- Only collections that providers/vendors have sent KBART files to OCLC for, will be available in Collection Manager once loaded.
- If they have not yet sent this KBART file to OCLC - ask when are they planning to do so, to make their subscription fully assessable to OCLC customers?
- If the collection or database does not yet exist in our central Index, you can request it be added by contacting OCLC Support.
- You will then know, if there are plans for this to be added or if its already been scheduled to be added & when.
- Which will ultimately help you in your decision, with which subscriptions to subscribe to from Vendors, at this time.