Release Date: 23 March, 2019
The Collection Manager March 2019 release includes the following enhancements:
- Increase of Daily processing schedule from 5 to 7 days per week
- Improved Google Scholar options
- Coming Soon! Availability of user-specific automated holdings feeds from Knovel
Increase of Daily processing schedule from 5 to 7 days per week
Collection Manager’s daily processing has always taken place around midnight, in the wee hours of Monday through Friday mornings (US Eastern time). This may cause issues for some libraries, especially our global partners who must deal with a large variance in the time between US Eastern and their local time. This timing issue may cause some libraries to go from Thursday until the next Tuesday without receiving MARC records or having holdings set in WorldCat. In order to provide more timely service to all our users, Collection Manager’s daily processing will now take place 7 days week.
Improved Google Scholar options
The option for configuring IP addresses for Google Scholar settings has been confusing for users. In order to create a better user experience, the Collection Manager team has updated the user interface to more clearly represent the choices you have when setting up access to Google Scholar links. Better labeling and additional help icons will make this option easier to configure. The addition of a link to Google Scholar documentation provides even more clarity for those who need more detail.
Availability of user-specific automated holdings feeds from Knovel
OCLC has partnered with Knovel to automate ebook management workflows, eliminating the need for manual intervention by library staff.
This means that (with your permission) Knovel will provide monthly updates to OCLC with your library-specific holdings data (including new and deleted titles) so that OCLC can automatically:
- register your collections in the WorldCat knowledge base
- keep your WorldCat holdings up-to-date for Knovel ebooks (including subscribed and individually purchased)
- provide full-text links to ensure seamless access
- deliver customizable MARC records with ongoing updates as ebooks collections change over time
Knovel is one of several providers that OCLC has partnered with for this seamless workflow. To see all our automated holdings feeds partners, click here.
More product information can be found at: