Edit a user note from a DDC record
- View a DDC record.
- In the top right corner of the record screen, click the User Notes button to jump to the User Notes area.
Note: If the record contains no user notes, the User Notes button does not appear in the record.
- In the User Notes area, find the note you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button that follows the note title. The note appears in edit mode.
Return to DDC record. To resume viewing the DDC record:
- On the Dewey Services tab, under Search Options or WebDewey, click Search Results. At the results list, select the record you were viewing.
On the Dewey Services tab, under Browse Options or WebDewey, click Browse Results. At the results list, select the record you were viewing.
Edit a user note from the search results
Single note (display mode)
Open the Actions list and click Edit Note.
Click the Edit button in front of the title of the note you want to edit. The note appears in edit mode.
Resume editing a user note
If you interrupt your work on a user note (for example, to retrieve a related note or search WebDewey), use the Active Records screen to return to a note you are editing.
- Press <Ctrl><Shift><9>.
On the Dewey Services tab, under Show Options, click Active User Notes or press <Alt><4>.
- At the Active Records screen, under WebDewey User Notes, click the hyperlink for the note you want. The Active Records screen shows the following types of hyperlinks for active user notes:
- Notes are identified by title.
- Note workforms not yet saved are also identified by title.
- For a Note workform without a title, the hyperlink text is No Title Provided.