You can renew items from a patron's record and, unlike when you change the due date for an item, WorldShare Circulation tracks the number of renewals performed for reporting purposes. You can also set policies, based on patron type, material type, and shelving location, on the number of renewals allowed as well as automatically-calculated renewal periods.
In the left panel Assist Patrons area, scan or type the patron barcode in the Enter barcode box. If you type the number, click Go or press <Enter>. The Checkout tab of the patron record appears.
For information about renewing items in bulk, see Bulk renew items.
- Choose the item to renew:
- To renew specific items, select the check box (first column on the left) for each item to renew.
- To renew all items, select the check box at the top of the column.
- Click Renew (lower left).
The Renewal Count column (at right) shows the number of times each item has been renewed.
Renew with custom due date
Optionally you can Renew with a custom due date.
- Choose one or more items to renew as above.
- From the Renew dropdown, click Renew W/Due Date. The Choose Due Date window appears.
- Choose the due date and Click OK.
- The Choose Due Date window closes.
- You may need to acknowledge overriding a circulation policy. See Circulation account roles, Overrides for information regarding which roles are capable of overriding the alert.
- The Renewal Count column (at right) shows the number of times each item has been renewed.
If a selected item cannot be renewed, a message above the list alerts you. In the entry for the nonrenewable item, below the title, a specific message explains why you cannot renew the item.
Ver un vídeo
Renew items and change due date
Run time: 12:13
In this video, you will learn how to renew an item and/or change the due date for an item, as well as explain when you would renew an item or change the due date.
Run time: 4:47
In this video, you’ll learn how to process exceptions to your library’s circulation policies (such as checking out a non-circulating item), and when this requires override credentials.