When trying to sign in to EZproxy or when trying to access a resource the following error message is received:
"EZproxy Server Error - Please tell your server administrator to check messages.txt for a MaxVirtualHosts error"
- EZproxy (all versions)
To resolve the MaxVirtualHosts error, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to your EZproxy admin page.
- Navigate to the Server Status page.
- Navigate to the Host Maintenance section of the page (click the link at the top or scroll to the bottom of the page.)
- Select the button next to the option "Remove XXXX hosts that have not been used in over 30 days (requires EZproxy restart.)"
- Click the button that says "Process," this navigates to a new page.
- Click "Restart EZproxy," this navigates to the Restart EZproxy page.
- Type Restart in the box then click the "here" button.
- When the page says "EZproxy will Restart in 5 seconds," click the Administration link at the top.
- Return to the Server Status Page and verify hosts have been removed.
Once this has been completed, you can test accessing resources again.
This procedure is recommended as monthly preventive maintenance.
For further assistance please contact OCLC Support